Our Jewelry is made of the highest quality 925 sterling silver. Sterling contains 92.5% silver. Pure silver is too malleable to be used in jewelry making and is therefore alloyed with another metal to make it more durable and rigid. Our sterling silver contains 7.5% copper or other metals. It does NOT contain nickel. Due to oxidation and wear, your sterling silver may tarnish over time. Most of our jewelry is Rhodium plated for longer lasting protection. Regular cleaning with a sterling silver polish cloth will keep your jewelry looking like new.
Tips for cleaning and Storing your Jewelry
- Rub the silver between a sterling silver polish cloth with your fingers. Be mindful of delicate jewelry and try not to use too much force on this wires.
- AVOID rubbing the polish cloth on gemstones or shell. The polish cloth is treated with a chemical cleaner that can be harmful to stones.
- DO NOT USE LIQUID CLEANERS. Although polishing your jewelry with a cloth may take a little more time, we believe it is worth it and will ensure the longevity of your jewelry.
- Store all sterling silver jewelry in a sealed plastic bag. Exposure to oxygen causes the silver to tarnish over time. Keep all your jewelry in low humidity areas.
- Clean your jewelry regularly. It will be much easier to clean if you do not let the tarnish build up.
- Take your jewelry off when you are cooking or showering. Acidic foods and chemicals can be harmful to silver and gemstones.
Follow these simple steps and your sterling silver jewelry will last a lifetime.